John's Rule (JR)(Aquarian Notation)
From the Oerth Journal Vol.1 #1 May 12, 1995; the Council of Greyhawk
- 137 JR The Great Disembarkment;
Colony of AquaOerdy founded by fleet of Aerdians sailing
east from the Great Kingdom. (522 OR/123 CY)
- 14 JR First Olven contact
with human habitations in Aquaria. (645 OR/1 CY)
- 1 JR John Asperman proclaimed
king, replacing ruling council of syndics during the "People's
Revolution." He is titled King John "The Founder."
- 1 JR Proclaimed First Year of John. (14 CY)
- 78 JR Death of King John. He is succeeded by his eldest son who is crowned John II (later called "The Builder"). (92 CY)
- 100 JR In honor of the centennial of the kingdom, the capital is moved from Johnsport to Bankspret which is renamed Empyria. (114 CY)
- 148 JR Death of John II. He is succeeded by his brother's son who is crowned John III (later called "The Wise), who assumes the throne at age 17. (162 CY)
- 152 JR John III leaves the capital to live with demihumans. (166 CY)
- 177 JR John III enacts the Pact of Neutrality with demihumans. (191 CY)
- 179 JR Return of evil from the south. (193 CY)
- 199 JR King John III falls ill. (213 CY)
- 203 JR Death of King John III, ascension of John IV to the throne. (217 CY)
- 231 JR Gathering of the Host of Evil to the south. (245 CY)
- 236 JR Siege of Empyrea begins. (250 CY).
- 240 JR The Final Battle of Empyrea (Empyrea disappears in the magical energies surrounding the battle). (254 CY)
- The history of Aquaria is unsure after this point in time...
- Nature: This Eastern Oeridian realm on a new continent is like it's sibling "The Great Kingdom" to the west. Although early mages, such as Zagyg Igraine, made infrequent trips to this area, none have done so in over twohundred and fifty years.
(Aquaria, it's peoples and history were created by Frank Mentzer and was recognized by Gary Gygax as being "The Official" continent west of Oerik, although it is not so recognized by TSR. It is based on the World of Greyhawk campaign setting (TSR)).
This history does not include the reckoning of the Olman peoples and nations native to southern Hepmonaland, nor does it include that events of the fabled continent to the south of Western Oerik (which I have called AnaKeri in this history), nor of any island states or nations or empires which might exist elsewhere on Oerth.
NOTE : All dates include a cross reference to other calendars. This was done to establish the historical relationship to the cultures most connected to the calendar in question and the common year (CY).
All calendars are based on the World of Greyhawk campaign setting (TSR).